I've been tagged by several friends now to tell 6 things that are weird about me. I've had a hard time narrowing it down to 6, but here it goes:
1. I can't handle the tearing of napkins. It started sometime in my teen years. I come close to freaking out if I'm sitting near someone who tears a napkin, paper towel or kleenex. I can handle toilet paper or paper towels being torn on the dotted line. But I get the worst heebie-jeebies if I hear a napkin/kleenex being torn. CAN NOT DO IT. My friends used to get the biggest kick out of 'testing' me. I was not amused. I also can't stand the feel of cotton balls or felt material. Creeps me out.
2. I have a fear of water. I have no idea where this fear came from. I used to take swimming lessons every summer as a child and had no problems. Again, it started sometime during my teen years. I won't go in the deep end of the pool (unless my child were in danger, then I know I could do it). I also have to mentally calm myself in order to enjoy a bubble bath. Seriously insane. It's become better since I had Kyle. I didn't want to pass my stupid fear onto him, and I think I've actually done a pretty good job of hiding it from him. This is my kid who at the age of 2 would scream with delight at standing out in the ocean and having waves knock him off his feet and under the water. Me? I'd have died right there. I'm proud to say that because of Kyle, I can now stand in the ocean up to my knees. But that's it. And not for too long. I can't take the stress...I may look like I'm enjoying a day at the beach w/my kid, but inside I'm SCREAMING: "What was that on my leg? Is that a shark? I'm going to die! I'm going to die!" All while smiling at my giddy child encouraging the wrath of the waves. *sigh* It's a dumb fear because I *know* nothing is going to happen and I *know* I can actually swim. I have no idea why the water scares me like it does. Weird.
3. I hate clothes. I hate actually feeling my clothes. The less I'm aware I'm actually wearing them, the better. Hence, the name of my blog: Pants Optional. I also have to cut the tags off all my shirts before I wear them.
4. I hate having ice in my drinks. I much prefer room temperature water to ice water. And I never add ice to a soda when I'm filling it up at a fast food restaurant. The weirdest part about this? During my entire pregnancy with Kelly, I could NOT stand to drink water WITHOUT ice. I had to have my drinks extremely cold and actually ate 5-10 popsicles per day. A week after having her, my teeth went back to being ultra sensitive and I couldn't even handle drinks straight from the fridge. Go figure.
5. My preference in music is all over the place. Just ask my iPod. My workout playlist includes anything from Christina Aguilera to RunDMC to Aerosmith to U2 to Beyonce to Beastie Boys to 50 Cent to Guns n Roses to Pat Benetar to Coolio. I guess I'm a little musically schizofrenic.
6. I enjoy hangnails. Yes, you heard me. I actually "play" w/my hangnails and get some sort of soothing comfort from them. What can I say? I'm weird!
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





10 comments:
Hey, I don't like cold drinks either! That hang nail thing though...
You ARE weird!! I hate the sound of styrofoam. Seriously drives me crazy! I hate getting things in boxes where the styrofoam fits the item and just barely slides into the box. I make steve open them while I wait in the other room cringing.
I didn't think you were too weird until the hang nail thing, rofl. Um..yeah.
You are weird! LOL! I like my drinks the colder the better. And that hang nail thing is just weird. ;)
Man Sheri, You are wierd. Although, I like picking at my hangnails. I almost make them start so I can pick at them later!!!
I'm a pants optional kind of girl myself.
I think my blog should be named bra optional. I really, really hate wearing one.
Fun to learn how weird you are.
I bet you wish you were me today---hang nails galore!
I agree, you're weird.
:)
you are so funny to read...enjoyed my visit. ames
Post a Comment