So a friend at church calls me this morning to ask if Kyle can come over this afternoon to play with her grandson that is visiting from Utah. Sure! (Kyle's been over there before and they get along great) So not only does she pick Kyle up, but she also brings him home. Wow. Score! But just in case I wasn't feeling like quite the pathetic mom that I am, Kyle comes home w/2 loaves of freshly baked bread. The larger loaf was just for us and the smaller loaf was the one Kyle made. And it's warm. (suh-weet!)
But, Wha??!! Have I been doing this playdate thing all wrong? Am I not suppose to just let them play video games, playdough, ride scooters, play Star Wars, etc? Are you telling me I'm suppose to be baking bread with them?! Dang. I've got a long way to go.
I also need to go find the grandma that's planning on making homemade jam tomorrow...
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





6 comments:
Thats awesome!! You should send him back over there today and have him ask to make jam :P
Meadow, blogger hates me suddenly.
totally cool being on the recieving end of that. as for her, she's a GRANDMA with a VISITING child. biiiiiig diference from a mom with two kids you can't get rid of without some sort of law or religion getting all huffy. video games and minimal supervision sounds like an appropriate playdate for us moms, to me :)
Uh, i don't even know HOW to bake bread! I've made it once or twice. I totally don't even do that with MY kids let alone playdates! Score for you though!!
Um- ditto Sabra cause she's smart. Also- if you let them do playdough you're a WAY better mom then me. That stuff is contraband at my house.
Just as your title says...someday!
For now, having a playdate is a step ahead of some of us.
ohhhh, warm bread....
At least you set up playdates. The only play that my son gets is from his siblings and school. apparently Im lacking.
Post a Comment