Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas 2006


We started off the week by the mandatory cookie decorating involving the children. I do it every year. I curse the idea every year.




Kelly did surprisingly well with the tree and presents this year. Not a single mishap!


Here's just a couple pictures of part of our decorations. Oh, how I wish we had a real mantle to hang the stockings. I LOVE stocking holders for some reason!




I won't even get into the bribes and threats it took to get the boy to wear the matching tie. Does he not understand the importance of the matching church outfits?! Who raised this kid? Wolves?!



I've got to give props to Costco's Gingerbread House Kits this year. It came with everything you need and very simple directions. I was able to open the package, assemble the house and set out the candies all in about 15 minutes. I'm hoping they sell them next year. I have plans of buying a few and inviting some of Kyle's friends over for a little decorating party. (I'm a dreamer)


The yearly tradition of matching Christmas jammies. A few things about this:
1) I had to cut the feet off of Kelly's because they were too long. She kept tripping over them and slipping on the kitchen floor.
2) Kyle has a matching shirt, but given that it was 75 degrees Christmas Eve/Day, it was too hot to wear it.
3) This is the reason I put Kelly's hair up 1st thing each morning.



My sister, Kristin, made Kyle a ginormous pillow that he absolutely loves!

and apparently Kelly loves even more. She won't stop licking it.



This would be Jehremy setting up his shrine for all to worship:



And the Christmas Quote of the Day:
"There's a special place in hell for the people who package these toys" by Jehremy


Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing all of your pictures, too!

9 comments:

Valarie said...

Merry Christmas! I love the matching tie. love.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

We, too, enjoyed the Costco gingerbread house (MFEO, I tell ya). Best money I spent all season.

Love the matching.

Love the jammies.

Love the pillow licking.

Fa la la la la la la la la!

Anonymous said...

Amen on the toy packaging comment.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a ton of fun. And the matching tie is adorable! I wonder if I could get my kids to match, ha.

Love that pillow, its a bed! ;)

Anonymous said...

That pillow and tie rock .

Sweet pictures.
I didn't even think to take any!

Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us!

Anonymous said...

Totally said almost the exact same thing about the toy packaging. Holy crap! Loved it all. Couple of way cute kids ya got there.

Anonymous said...

Love the church outfits! Looks like it was an awesome Christmas :)

Blackeyedsue said...

Your kiddies are too stinking cute! I love the homage to the chargers!

Why do we torture ourselves year after year with the whole sugar cookie fiasco? They must have been invented by a man.