Jehremy and I are the new Nursery Leaders in our ward. *sigh* It's been 1 week since we found out and like I'd hoped, the rage and bitterness are definitely starting to wear off. I wasn't even bummed about the actual calling as much as the timing of it all. I believe there are 2 types of people in the world: those that think a mom of young kids should NEVER be called as a nursery leader, and those that think a mom who's at home with her young kids 24/7 would be PERFECT to spend 2 more hours w/not only hers, but 20 others as well. I'm one of the former people. I love going to RS, even though I've barely had the chance to go solo for 12 years now. When we 1st moved into this ward, Jehremy and I were co-teachers in Primary for 2.5 years. Then I was put into YW for 3 years. Then 1 month after Kyle went to nursery (aka "freedom!") I was put into the Primary Presidence for 2.5 years. I was released 3 months before Kelly was born, but was so uncomfortable that I barely made it through RS then either. Kelly was to go to nursery February 12th (that's right. I count) and now they put me in nursery! But the best part? In January, we're switching times and we'll get to be w/the toddlers between the hours of 1:30-3:30pm. Won't that be great?! Naptime. Well, if they were at home, anyway. I was also happy Kelly wouldn't be in nursery until close to the end of flu season (thought of actually keeping her out until March). Guess that's not happening, either. So between all that and the fact that I'm simply NOT a lover of all children, I was not too thrilled. But I'm starting to come around. I found a few good websites with fun ideas. And at least I can now be in there to protect Kelly from the mean kids, right? Hopefully I'll be able to post later about all the things I LOVE about nursery.
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





5 comments:
my condolances. I used to all into playing with little kids and stuff and taught sunbeams for three years. Now that I have my own kid? I really don't like other people's all that much and make one crappy nursery leader.
I bet if you punch one of them in the gut you'll get released.
:o)
You'll end up loving it. (love/hating it?) I do love it, but am counting down the weeks now. (4!)
ugh. 5.
I feel the same way as you do...and dh and I are also nursery leaders. whoo.
Post a Comment