I just heard from my mom that President Hinckley passed away tonight. I have so many mixed emotions right now. He was an amazing Prophet of our church and touched so many lives. I will truly miss hearing him speak at the Conferences. While I'm sad for my loss (and his family's), I'm also happy (? is that even the right word?) for him. I can't imagine how sweet that reunion was/is with his wife. It was always so obvious how much he loved and missed her these past few years. It's just a beautiful thing.
That said, I briefly talked to Kyle about his passing tonight. We started talking about the wonderful reunion in heaven. I asked Kyle what he thought it might look like. He gave it some serious thought for a moment and said, "Well, I think there's still some dirt on the ground and stuff....and probably huts."
Seriously. If I have to go live in a hut after I die, I'm not going.






7 comments:
i feel a mix of emotions too. i want to blog about it, i just can't find the right words.
i loved Kyles response.
seriously so bittersweet! it is all over the blogs tongiht! and everyone is saying the same thing, sweet reunion for sure!
and oh love the huts talk! too darn cute!
I'm not going to a "hut in the sky" either. I refuse.
I am blog hopping. Found your link from Crazymamaof6. Everyone has a tribute to him. It is amazing how fast word gets around with the internet. And we are all saying the same thing... what a sweet reunion with his wife. How happy he must be!!!
If Heaven just has huts, I am NOT going either. After raising 5 kids I better have a padded room there cuz I am going to need it!
I feel the same way, sad that he is gone but happy that he is with his "sweetie" again.
Oh my, huts?? He can have the hut I am taking my masion. lol
No pinching!!!
No pinching!!!
Post a Comment