Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2nd Grade


I'm pretty sure I'm the only parent that's actually bummed school starts today. While most moms are squealing with delight, I'm not so excited. For one thing, Kelly is actually EASIER with Kyle around. She follows him all day instead of me. Secondly, I've enjoyed a summer of sleeping in until at least 8-8:30am. That's not happening now. This also means being organized enough to make sure Kelly goes down for a nap in plenty of time before having to pick up Kyle. School also means daily homework. And, frankly, I've missed Kyle this summer. He's spent so much time with his friend Lukas that I barely saw him. And to be honest, he's kinda fun to have around.
But he's super excited about starting 2nd grade. And that makes me happy.
(ps. on my drive home, I realized I didn't get out the black socks for him to wear today. Fashion faux pas #1 = complete)

5 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

He is SO cute Sheri--I love his smile!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Sweet shirt. Too bad you couldn't get 10% off. I love Kyle. Tell him to keep his pants up this year.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

he does look pretty happy. and all my kids have are white socks, except church/dress socks.

Haro Family said...

I love the "prep" look! It looks adorable on Kelly.

That pizza looks yum! I've tasted your cooking and it rocks.

Diddo about school. I'm sad too. I miss the kids. If I could rule the world, school would only be from 9-1.

Mamarazzi said...

send Kelly over here she can follow me around all day.

i have the back to school blues.