Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy 35th Anniversary, Mom & Dad!


My Gramma Jo lives about 1.5 hours from Rob & Shandrea, so my parents and sister drove down from Colorado to spend a week with her. We were able to spend a few days with all of them as well. The 1st night happened to be my parents' anniversary, so we all went to a fancy restaurant for a fancy dinner. (that is, if you consider real animal skulls, giant dream catchers and crappy food "fancy") We definitely had a good time visiting with each other, though.

And this, my friends, is the worst server in all of Texas. Holy crap, she was horrible! She will be forever known as the Southern Soup Nazi of Texas. This is how our ordering went for a few people:
Her: What do you want? (snappy)
Family Member: The ribeye steak, please
Her: You want fries with that?
Family Member: Sure
Her: YES? (like a mother scolding her child for not saying please 1st)
Family Member: Yes (embarrassed and sulking)
Seriously. Rude.


This is my Uncle Russ, Cousin Corliss (she's due w/her 1st baby in a couple months! Oh, and has THE MOST adorable southern accent EVER.) and my Gramma Jo. Kelly's middle name is after Gramma Jo. She's always given everyone the middle name of Jo, whether it is or not. (Sheri Jo, Jehremy Jo, etc) So I figured it was about time someone was legally given that middle name :) (although I think my cousin Angie has the middle name Jo?)


Here's my sister Kristin...she drew the short straw and got to sit next to Kelly. It was great to see her again. She just got home from an 18-month mission in Pittsburgh, PA for the LDS church. Holla!


You're familiar with these two.












6 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

My dad's dead. Thanks for bringing that up.

:o)

sheri said...

You're such a dork.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Did the waitress really have that much boob showing or is that picture just weird?

Mamarazzi said...

i am soooo behind on my blog reading but i am here to catch up!! you have been BUSY posting!!

RUDE waitress...seriously!

love family fun!!

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents! Now I need to go back and check the waitresses boob- thanks a lot char.

Anonymous said...

Kristen looks so good! And holy cow I miss my two cousins, they are pretty much the only ones I have my age! Corliss is preg, yey! Thanks for posting those pictures I really miss my relatives! Just between you and me, uncle Russ looks older than Grandma Jo. (shhh!) :)