There's a couple at church that travels to Africa several times a year to do humanitarian work. Right before this last trip, she mentioned that the kids there LOVE soccer and would gladly take any old soccer uniforms we might have stashed away in a closet at home. It was perfect timing, as I'd just made a pile of Kyle's old uniforms, but hadn't yet figured out what to do with them. She was kind enough to email me a picture of a recipient today. It was so fun showing Kyle the very child, halfway around the world, that is currently enjoying his old Green Dragons soccer uniform.
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





6 comments:
This is an amazing story. How cool for Kyle.
That is so awesome!
That is really neat! That boys face who recieved it is priceless!
That is SO neat. I just love that.
I just told Damon about it and I started to cry. I'm a nerd, but it's seriously cool. Also, i love that they're holding the shorts up and the shirt is on backwards. So sweet.
Very cool! I saw that picture in the Greding's post. I often think about the clothes I have donated and wonder if some little kid in Africa is wearing a Volcom shirt. He is cool and doesn't even know it.
Great post Sheri.
Post a Comment