Wednesday, April 12, 2006

8 Months



I can't believe my baby is already 8 months old. That's pretty much the same amount of time I spent knowing I was pregnant. (although these past 8 months definitely went faster than the previous 8 months) Kelly is such a happy little rollie-pollie. I see her rolling around the living room in all her chubby glory and wish there were some way I could freeze time. Sadly, since I already have a 5-yr old, I know all too well how quickly this stage passes. I have to say, it's probably about my favorite age...completely happy personality without the attitude, content to just be alive, able to entertain herself for a while but not yet mobile enough to get into any trouble. And have I mentioned her chubs? I purposely leave her in just a diaper on many occasion just to enjoy her rolls. I love her giggles. I love her fat little fingers attacking anything that dares get close enough for her to cram into her mouth. I love her thick, dark hair. I love her amazing blue eyes that follow me around a room like I'm the only one that matters. I know all too well that one day very soon, she'll be getting into mischief and causing gray hairs. But just for now, for today, I've decided to freeze time and create a permanent memory of how perfect she is at this very moment.

7 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

What an adorable picture! Those thighs are positively edible, and she has the greatest smile. Time sure does fly.

QueenMeadow said...

She is beautiful!! I love her chubs, so cute :)

I wish I could freeze time too. My baby will be four this month, sigh.

Amber said...

mmm, love fat babies!!

Lei said...

I bet her leg gets suck between her crib slats like Drew's! She's got all kinds of sugar in thise rolls!

I tagged you, btw. Come on over and see me for details!!! xo

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

holy crap! i love that girl. and i haven't even met her yet.

Nettie said...

Cute baby! I love when their arms and hands are so chunky they get that deep crease. We call them "snap-on hands"

Anonymous said...

Holy COW that girl is ADORABLE!!!