I'm not a good cook. I do enjoy baking, but am still working on developing a love for cooking. I've pretty much decided that most of my disdain is that I hate spending hours in the kitchen, creating a wonderful meal, only to have it devoured in 10 minutes and me left with another hour of cleaning up. If I could just get that dang cleaning fairy to show up once in a while...
Anyway, I came across an unusual baking idea today that I decided to try out. The magazine article was on getting your kids to eat more veggies. It said to take 1 chocolate cake mix (I used German Chocolate, since that was all I had) and a 15-oz can of pumpkin. Mix it together and bake mini muffins. I was skeptical, but my intense love for all things baked gave me the motivation to give it a try.
The results? DELICIOUS! This is definitely a keeper recipe for me. I usually have some sort of chocolate cake mix and canned pumpkin on hand, so that's a plus. I'm sure the caloric value of the mini muffins isn't *great*, but they're really low fat. And they couldn't have been easier to make. Add the cake mix and pumpkin. Beat w/hand mixer. Bake for about 15 minutes. Done! Warm, delicious, low fat chocolate muffins.
Now THAT'S a good thing.
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





9 comments:
Oooh, sounds great! Did it say if it would work with regular muffins or only mini?
I made Mason a chocolate cake last year using zucchini, so good! But a lot of work, yours sounds so much easier :)
I'm not sure about the regular muffins. The article said mini, and I prefer mini anyway (easier to serve to kids, etc) so I just made the mini. Let me know if the regular size turns out, too.
I don't have any mini muffin tins, but they are on my list for sure. I'll let ya know if I dare make the bigger ones or not.
Yum! I may have to try some soon.
those sound SO good! I better buy some pumpkin this week.
I put shredded carrot in hamburger patties once. D thought there was extra onion in them. When I told him what the extra "crunch" really was he was mad?!? weird-o.
Can't wait to spike his muffins.
Mmmm, sounds like a great way to get your veggies to me! ;)
you don't have to add anything else? no eggs? nothing?! my kinda easy!
I agree with Alissa. Easy is the way to go. I'll do big ones (no mini-muffin tins)and see how they come out.
I hate all kitchen-related activities, except eating!
YUM! I'll have to try it. Another secret pumkin recipe is cookies. You take a spice cake mix, add a large can of pumpkin and 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips. Bake like normal cookies (except longer) seriously the BEST pumpking cookies ever and they're like 1 WW point a peice (if that makes a difference to anyone.)
Post a Comment