Monday, April 03, 2006

Star Wars...Nothin but Star Wars



Let me first preface this by saying that neither Jehremy, nor I, have ever been Star Wars geeks, er, I mean fans. In fact, this Bill Murray spoof is a favorite around here: Star Wars...nothin but Star Wars. But how our firstborn son ever developed an obsession with all things Star Wars is beyond me. The boy lives and breathes this stuff. In fact, for his 5th birthday last month, he actually wanted me to call Grammy to tell her "Kyle is not into Rescue Heroes anymore, but would like Star Wars things." After his party, it looked like we swiped the entire Star Wars toy section at Target and dumped it in our living room. Guess his friends know him well! Anyway...forward to Saturday evening. I got the sillies. I told Kyle that often times, his Star Wars toys get out of the box after he's gone to bed and play in the living room. He giggled and went to bed. So, I proceeded to take out most of his toys and place them on a table, as if they were playing. Kyle was quite amused when he saw them in the morning, but said he knew it was me that did it. Thank goodness for his obsession with "Toy Story" during his 3's...I think I may have actually been able to convince him it wasn't me! Although now I need to make sure I hide the cookies really well before *I* go to bed at night. I'll be pretty mad if I ever find out Bobba Fett has eaten all my Oreos...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

freaking Mr. Fett. He must be the one stealing my M&Ms.

QueenMeadow said...

Boba Fett totally ate all my chocolate and cookies, it couldn't have been me :P

That is one serious collection, wow!

Valarie said...

lol, and you wonder why Kyle is silly...

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

I was thinking the same thing as val. lol. love you, sheri!

Amber said...

I'm still giggling at this...