
Really, some people wait a lifetime.
I got to spend today with my good friend Char. We live in different states, so this was a huge treat. Her husband had to come out here to S. California on business and she was able to join him. But the best part of all? WE GeT TO WATCH THE 'AMERICAN IDOL' FINALE TOGETHER!!!! Seriously, do you have any idea how perfect this timing is?! We're so obsessed with that show that we literally take notes each week and "report" through emails every Wednesday morning. A month ago, we even said "man, can you imagine how awesome it would be to get to watch AI together? And to have our husbands there as well?" (I mean, really. You should see how into this show both our husbands are as well. It's a little creepy) So when this last minute trip came about 4 days ago, we were so excited. Pretty sure I soiled myself a few times in anticipation.
We had a dreamy day together, shopping at Old Navy, lunching at Burger King (nothing but the best for my friend Char) and dinner at Panda Express. After watching an old episode of "The Office", we got ourselves some ice cream and cookies and settled in for the night of our lives. Who would suck more? Taylor Hicks? (soul patrol) Kathrine McPhee? (McPheever) I must say, though...we were pretty disappointed to hear 2 songs from each contestant that we've already heard before. And of course, the last song for each is the uber gay song "written especially for the contestant". Pfsht. Lame. But I can't tell you how RIGHT it all felt...critiquing, criticizing, balking and giggling IN THE SAME ROOM as Char! It's like it was meant to be. Like I said, some people wait a lifetime. For a moment like this.
I just hope I can sleep tonight. Tomorrow is another big day. We've got some serious poster-making plans for the unveiling of the next American Idol. There's going to be glitter everywhere.
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





7 comments:
So lame that we had to have 2 repeats and the only new song for the night was the sucky "original-first-single" song. GAG!!! I wasn't sure it would ever get worse than "Inside your heaven" but, alas AI did not disappoint and they hit a new sucky low. At first listen it sounds like Janice Kapp Perry wrote the original songs, but hers are even better than that. Still, I hope Taylor wins. Have you seen the FABULOUS saturday night live impersonations of him? So good. Soul Patrol....?
Oh I am jealous, if you leave now you can hit my place to watch the finale with me.
I was dissapointed too in the repeats and then the lame-o songs they picked for them.
Love Taylor, always have. Hope he wins tonight.
holy huge humping nerds. so jealous.
whatever. couldn't even hop on msgr for two minutes to say hi to all of us who were moping for being left out.
So freaking jealous, really!
But I'm happy that both of you geeks could hang out together ;)
How fun you guys!!!
I love American Idol!
Post a Comment