I'm doing it. I'm losing weight! I've done the half-involved attempt at working out for years now. I actually *like* going to the gym. But I've just never been 100% committed to going to get any results. But after 2 kids and WAY too much chocolate and French fries, I've decided enough is enough. I want to be hot!
I bought the Body for Life book back in November. I read it cover to cover, taking notes along the way. I did more research online. I then bought the Eating for Life recipe book and started making my plan. In December, I started eating and working out according to it's plan. I did pretty well for 3 weeks. I slacked off a bit right around Christmas, but still managed to not gain any weight. I was then invited to join a Body for Life Mommies message board. It has been great! I'm now in contact w/a group of other moms going through the same things. Many on there have done this for years and are a huge help to us newcomers. Starting January 8, we all put money into the pot and started our own challenge. At the end of 8 weeks, we will see who lost the most % body weight, most inches (measuring waist, hips, abs, right thigh, left thigh, right calf, left calf, right arm, left arm) and most body fat %. I can't wait!
After 2 weeks (I started back in 100% January 1st) I've lost 4 lbs (meh), but 13"! I'm really enjoying this new lifestyle. The food plan hasn't been near as hard as I thought it would be. I think having 1 "free day" per week is genius! And the gym...I'm loving it! The workouts are set up to be more intense, but less time. I no longer have to block out 1 hour of my day to putz along on the treadmill. Instead, I do upper body weights and lower body weights alternating days, and a High Intensity Interval Training session for 20 minutes the other 3 days. I've been able to work out 6 days/week with no problem! That's never happened before.
Anyway, I'm posting this here to give me more people to be accountable to. I doubt I'll ever be able to post my "before" pictures, but hopefully I'll have some great "after" pictures in a few months.
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





7 comments:
Don't get so hot we can't be friends any more, K?
I'm working on my after shots too. I'm at 12 lbs after 18 days. Here's to momentum for us both ;)
I'm so glad that you are still enjoying it. Thats awesome :)
Keep up the great work (you too, M)
go you! that's awesome. now you have to come out in april to show off your hotness.
That is so great!! Body for Life is such a great program, I am so excited for you! Seriously I love the workouts it has you do, it really helps to build muscle! Go you!!
YOu go girl!!! Too bad you don't live 'round here. We could totally be gym babes together.
Go YOU!!!!
great!!! I am trying ww but I seriously considered body for life. Hearing that you like it makes me reconsider. Maybe when I hit that first plateu.
Keep us posted.
Post a Comment