So I was driving home with our dinner from Chipotle tonight. I'm stopped at a red light right outside the mall. Still stopped. Still red. I start counting how many times the opposing traffic and traffic coming out of the mall get green lights. Five times each. Five times they get to go and I'm still stuck at a red light. Hmm....I vaguely remember my dad telling me that if you have reasonable cause to think a traffic light is broken, you may *safely* proceed through it. So I do just that. I obviously made sure it was "safe" and off I went. One block later, I'm turning left when I see those dreaded lights flashing in my rear-view mirror. CRAP! You've GOT to be kidding me! The cop says, "I stopped you because you pretty much just gunned it through that red light, even after you'd been stopped." I reply, "um, yeah. I did. But I really did think something was wrong with the light." (and proceeded to explain the 5 times issue) He then tells me, "You know, 3 seconds after you ran it, it turned green." Well, of course it did. He asks for my license, looks at it approximately 2 seconds and then says, "Well, just be more careful." WHA??!! That's it??!! No ticket? I couldn't believe it! Course, the entire way home, I kept checking my mirror, for fear that I'd mistaken him and was now involved in a pursuit. :)
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





4 comments:
It's cause of your new hot body and your boobs. Cops dig boobs. Well- the male ones.
cops dig male boobs? i had no idea.
and lucky you!
yay for male boobs!
Oh wait, I mean, yay for no ticket!
Holy lucky!
Post a Comment