So our very close friends are moving to Texas this weekend. Jehremy's known Rob for a good 20 years. We've lived in the same apartment complex for the last 5 years...basically Kyle's whole life. He plays w/their girls almost daily. The last few weeks have been hard on all of us...randomly thinking of the everyday things we'll be missing when they leave. Kyle and Rob have had a very close relationship. Kyle LIVES for playing Xbox with him. Today Kyle spent the entire afternoon/evening helping Rob finish packing up some things and loading the truck. He was in heaven. Then I think it all hit him tonight as he was going to bed. I could tell he was trying to hide the tears from me. But when I asked about it, he completely broke down. I cried along with him. It's one thing to deal with the sadness for myself, but when your child has a broken heart, it's absolutely crushing. I just want to take the sadness away, but I can't. Over the years, pretty much every single close friend Jehremy and I have had has moved away. Far away. It took me a good 2 years after our last close friends moved to Arizona just to not cry everytime I drove past their old house. But this time there's a whole new factor...Kyle's personal loss as well. I don't know how much more I can take. I'm to the point where I really have no interest in making new friends...it hurts too much when they leave. I KNOW we'll still be in close touch. But it's the day-to-day moments that I'm going to miss the most.
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





7 comments:
That breaks my heart! At least it wasn't your decision to rip him away from his friends- unlike some people I know who keep moving their kids every six months to a year...
aw man...make a girl cry here why dontcha? i TOTALLY know how you are feeling. it was US leaving everyone we loved almost 2 yrs ago. i STILL have moments that make me totally break down and cry. little stuff like when a new movie comes out and i know exactly who i would love to watch it with...but we moved. or its a nice sunny day and i would love to have a last minute potluck/pool party...but oh yea, we moved.
friendships that happen easily are hard to come by. so big hugs for you and your fam and friends.
oh thanks for stopping by my blog. i love when you comment and guess what? i love you too and i TOTALLY wish we lived closer to each other, i know we would have SO MUCH FUN!!
HUGE HUGS! I know exactly how you feel! Except that I am usually the evil one moving away. I wonder why I dont have friends in my new ward, but then I realize Im just too tired and too tired of having my heart break when ever I move and have to say goodbye again.
Poor Kyle. Poor Sheri. :(
I'm sorry! It's so hard when good friends move away.
Oh, that is SO SAD!!! It breaks my heart just reading it. I hate it when my kids are sad.
I am also sorry that everyone seems to move but you guys. In my case it is always us moving. I am tired of it.
I know, come move near us!! Then we can have tons of fun again! ;)
I'm so sad! John and I keep asking ourselves why we didn't all hang out more! :(
know how to get over that?
move to utah. then none of your california friends will be able to leave you anymore. jerks.
Post a Comment