So I got a call today from Kyle's principal. Her message said, "Hi, this is Mrs. XXXX. First of all, Kyle's safe and everything is ok. But when you get a chance, I need you to call me back so we can discuss an incident that happened today." Crap. The incident? Kyle pulled his pants down on the playground today. Are you kidding me?! I guess another kid told him to do it and he did. I was obviously mortified at this news, but the principal told me she talked to Kyle and said, "You're not in trouble, this is how we learn, but now you know it's wrong and I hope you won't be doing it again." Uh, yeah, he's in trouble lady. So I ask if it was everything that got pulled down. "No, just his pants. Luckily he had on underpants. That doesn't always happen." WHAT?! She then tells me it's not the 1st kid to do this and it certainly won't be the last, but wanted me to be aware. *sigh* (did I mention I happened to be out shopping with 3 other girlfriends visiting from Utah at the time? They were enjoying every bit of this) So obviously, privileges have been taken away and conversations have taken place. But to quote my Utah friends: "Can you really blame him when his mom's blog name is Pants Optional?" And I'm sure hearing NKOTB's "Hangin' Tough" as my ringback tone didn't help the principal's opinion of this kid's mom.
Thirty Days Of Thanks 2017
8 years ago





12 comments:
ugh! sounds like a rough day. i am not a fan of the school phone calls. Man. it's always something. at least the principal was cool about it. and he didn't get detention or something.
and of course they got a kick out of it, it wasn't their kid. I'm always horrified by what my kids do at school. like when the principal called when we were out of town about my 3 kids ganging up against a bully. and all of them getting detention, AND then my husband thought it was funny and told everyone at the company party we were out of town for. i was mortified and that news spread like wildfire. OY!. and liek you said ,at least he had underwear on.
Reminds me of the time Tyler got suspended for pantsing a 1st grader. He was in 6th grade. (his friends little brother) The principal was calling it sexual harrasment...was going to report it to the district, put it on his school record for life....She settled down a bit when the other parent was not upset, and actually laughed about it all.
Now, working at the school they track me down when Coleman is being naughty...good times there!
Hope this is the beginning and end of your principal phone calls.
Not a good day at all. So sorry about the call. But the ring tone? priceless!
oh your posts are few and far between but SOOOOO good!
poor Kyle...BUT another life lesson learned. hopefully he will realize the "pants optional" thing only applies at home.
I still think Char put him up to it. And still laughing here. Hope he keeps his pants up today =P
LOL on Pants Optional....LOL even harder at Hangin' Tough!! Man, I am so sorry he did that, though. It's always embarrassing to get a call like that, isn't it? I hope you didn't lay it into him too badly! Hang tough (hee hee), girl!
Ha ha!
Oh man---definitely not a good call to get. I am LOL at your ring tone though--LOVE it!
I'm still giggling! and considering calling you just to hear your ringback again.
I DID NOT PUT HIM UP TO IT!
And it was pretty funny for the rest of us who were there when you got the call.
LOL...your friends are HILARIOUS!
Whatever! My kid dropped his pants in kindergarten! Sounds like your guy is a year or so behind. Get to it!
Post a Comment