Monday, June 23, 2008

Why I heart the Sunbeams

So my calling this year has been teaching the Sunbeams at church. (3 year olds) I jumped at that opportunity, having had these particular kids in nursery just last year. There's only 3 of them and they're all sweet, bright and easy kids. They're always the most reverent class in Sharing Time. I pretend it's because their teacher ROCKS, but really, I can't take any credit for them. I really love everything about these 3 kids. The girls help me indulge in my obsession over cute girl clothes and the boy, well, the boy has a special place in my heart. I've known him since he was a fetus in his mom's belly. And he loves to sing in Primary. Sure, he's usually saying "poop! poop! poop!" over and over, but he's totally in tune. (before having a son of my own, I'd probably have been horrified. but now? now I giggle while giving him the "evil" eye) Yesterday the lesson was "I Can Do Many Things". Seriously, what's not to love about a lesson like that? I know all about things! I printed off little pictures of various animals with sayings like "slither like a snake" or "leap like a frog". They loved it! And it soon became an afternoon of me sitting there eating fruit snacks whilst watching them show me their Olympic Gymnastics Trial Routines. And the best part? I totally get "credit" in the ward for being a Sunbeam Teacher. Shhh....don't let anyone know how easy I have it.

7 comments:

Leeann said...

My nursery kids even LOVED this lesson!

Tricia said...

dear sheri, please tell me you had a boy visitor in your class yesterday! I SO do not want to know that it's my little sunbeam who sings "poop,poop,poop" in primary. Oh how I long for the days when my boys did not have older brothers to teach them potty humor (but then again I always had my husband who is just as bad).

Klare said...

That is awesome. I thought being Primary Secretary was easy but now I want to be the Sunbeam teacher for next year. Okay, it helps that we have a small class coming in next year. ;)

Company EIGHT said...

I hope my girls have a teacher like you! In fact, can I come to your class?

Mamarazzi said...

aww most awesome calling EVER!! i am soooo jealous!

Haro Family said...

Yes, you do ROCK. Your little Sunbeams are adorable and they are blessed to have you for their teacher! My 10 Sunbeams are a mix of little angels and little terrors (but they're still cute).

Karen said...

I can't beleive you like the sunbeams! It must be nice to have a small class. I bet you also enjoyed the real Olympic Trials as well. Seroiusly, some great gymnastics going on.