Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!






Our good friends, John & Morgan, had us over for a great bbq this afternoon. The food was great and the company was even better. Our girls had a BLAST in the kiddie pool. (sorry the photo quality is a little weird...I should've done a better job w/the lighting) At the moment, we're home for a little downtime/naptime before watching the fireworks tonight. Even though we've had a fun day, I still miss some of the traditions of my hometown growing up. They have a big parade each 4th of July. Many years I was actually in the parade doing gymnastics...either on a large flatbed float or tumbling on the street. I wish our city did a parade...I have fond memories of those childhood years. (I also need to work on including "The Boy" in some of the photos next time)

6 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah, I agree, I miss home on the fourth too. Too many crazy memories of me on the fourth. How did you put up with me? I was way weird. Way cute pic's too. Enjoy the fireworks.

Mamarazzi said...

you have a boy?? juuuuust kidding! both your kids are cuties, but there is something about a little girl (especially THiS one) that screams photo op! i mean look at her? could she BE any cuter?!

i know EXACTLY what you mean about hometown traditions...i seriously miss my old town, especially on days like today. but we had a great time and i guess it's time to start making our own traditions...

Mo said...

I love the second shot of the water flying in the air! And Devan couldn't stop talking about "they boy" last night! How funny.

Haro Family said...

How fun that you guys got together! I wish we could've been there too. We miss you!

J-Dub said...

Remeber that family that used to live at Greenhill too. I think their last name was Maro or Karo; something like that. They probably would have liked to come. Too bad they decided to leave to Arkansas.

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! I love the one where she's drinking out of the hose! Mmmm, rust!