Friday, July 18, 2008

I need to speak to someone in Human Resources

This Mom Job doesn't come with paid sick days and that is NOT working out.
I've been so, so sick this week...fever of 103 for 3 straight days (that's with Advil and Tylenol around the clock), dizzy and a sore throat. (I finally went to the doctor yesterday and have been put on antibiotics for strep) Luckily, Kyle's bff Lukas has had him over to his house for about 10 hours/day, every day this week. He's had a splendid week.
Then there's Kelly. She's been stuck at home w/me...laying on the couch in agony. There's popcorn in the cracks of the couch, broken crackers all over the floor and about 1300 sippy cups everywhere because I'm too sick to find the one I'd filled up earlier. I thought the worst part was witnessing Kelly eating a bagel out of the trash the other day. (I was just too sick to get up and take it from her. And besides, that meant another good hour of not having to make her something to eat, right?) Overall, she's been GREAT this week, considering. I even lugged her along for my 2hr doctor ordeal yesterday and she was so patient and good. (I, however, wanted to just lay down the entire time)

But today she reached her limit. While she was still happy and cute, she was into EVERYTHING. She threw every single dish in her sippy cup drawer into the sink. That might not sound so bad, but if you'd smelled the organic growth that was happening in there.....Yeah. So I got to wash every single plastic dish. She got ahold of a pen and wrote all over her blankie. She's look at me, smile, and pour juice on the couch. It was obvious she needed a day at the park. That's when it all happened. I suddenly realized it was way too quiet for way too long. I found my little girl squealing in the bathroom and knew we were in trouble. She'd taken a cup out of the bathroom trash and was DRINKING THE TOILET WATER!!! And if that wasn't bad enough, remember I've been sick all week, so it's not like I've cleaned the toilet recently. And if THAT wasn't bad enough, it was with a cup that had raw egg whites in it!!! (Jehremy uses egg whites in his hair. I know. And I still married him) She's done gross things before (licking the ceramic tile walls in the bathroom of Target, for one) but this takes the cake. If this girl doesn't die of the plague, she will end up with one amazing immune system.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Sheri! I hope you feel better. Sounds like a crazy week. I am sure Kelly will survive. I just hope you do! Yuck!

Tricia said...

That stinks Sheri. Get well soon. And don't worry, I won't mention the toilet water episode to the "Mother of the Year" committee.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Eh...my kid licked the drain on the floor at Fazoli's. He's still alive.

GET BETTER!

Klare said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I just about threw up reading that! The things kids do and live through. LOL!
So sorry you have been sick! I hope you feel well soon!!!!

Amber said...

I had so many things to say- but J uses egg whites in his hair?? I can't get past that.

Mo said...

Oh my word! I totally would have taken Kelly off your hands if I were there. Hope you feel better!

J-Dub said...

I think I am going to be sick now, for so many reasons...

You should have put some type of caveat or warning at the beginning of that that post.

I mean if I would have known that Jehremy put egg whites in his hair I would have never had read that post!

Haro Family said...

I'm so sorry! I can't imagine having to deal with all of that While you're totally sick! Uugg! I wish I could have been there to help you out:(

In regards to the egg white thing...we're sending a gift to him through the mail.

Hope you feel better soon!

Jehremy said...

Some links for the truly ignorant:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/homemade-hair-mousse-formula.html

http://www.yourskin101.com/natural-skin-care/egg-whites.aspx

Julene said...

Okay, so how come I'm just now reading the comment you posted on my blog. I'm so lame! Not sure why you have that non-lesbian crush on a lamer. Your comments totally cracked me up! And this post? Oh my Gordon, you're such a great blogger! I'm sad you were feeling so yucky...are you better now? Please call me if you need me to take your kids for you....If I'm around, I'm happy to help out.

Marie B. said...

That stinks. You need to do what I do. Last week I put in for a formal vacation request. I sent it to my husband form and all via email. I am leaving this Sat for a few days and he is staying home, not surfing and watching Belen. It sounds like you need a vacation girl!