I was nursing my 6-month old son, watching The Today Show.
A dear friend of mine was actually giving birth to her adorable baby girl. She's an amazing singer and has several cd's. She recorded a song about this very morning. Go ahead. Turn on your speakers and listen. You might want to have some tissues nearby. Just sayin.
http://www.stumbleaudio.com/#pearsons2/3






6 comments:
I remember being annoyed BC called and woke me up after a rough night with Macy. She was about 16 months then. And then I remember freaking out because my step dad was flying that day. He was stuck in Georgia(?) for a while 'til he found a way to drive home. I also had plane tickets for a week later. Macy and I were some of the first to fly when they reopened things. There were armed men in uniform everywhere. People were hugging them and crying.
I was nursing my three week old and watching the today show. He was due that day. I was watching when the very first reports came in and watched all day.
I could see the smoke bilowing out of the pentagon from my office window. My office was in the tallest building in Northern Virginia. I watched it stunned for a moment and then rushed home to collect my family together in case there were additional attacks to come. We checked out 72 hour kits in case we had to evacuate the area. It was a very scary day. We had many friends and accquaintances that died that day.
I love Marie's song. She sang it in Relief Society about 6 months ago and had me totally blubbering. Didn't help that I was holding my new baby girl and was still full of prego hormones. 9/11/01 I was in Seattle taking care of my kids as usual. I sooo wanted to watch the coverage on T.V., but I had several preschool age kids home and I didn't want them to see those horrific sights, so I kept it on Sesame Street and listened to the radio.
That day was scary. And it changed the world for me. I am not as safe as I thought I was. I think it is important to remember.
Sheri cute blog, I love all the pictures! About not visiting you in Cal.. . . um. . . our days were packed, . . . and, um. . . Okay, I admit it, I forgot you lived there!!! :P
Post a Comment